During quarantine, many of us are finding that we’re trying out new recipes and trends to help make the time pass! Here at British Bindi – we feel ya! We’ve been trying out lots of new recipes such as; banana bread, tray bakes, and the currently trending Dalgona Coffee.
Dalgona Coffee originates from South Korea and has recently become a huge hit across Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, and this blog will give you an easy step-by-step guide on how to make it.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Drop of vanilla essence (optional for flavour)
- Glass of milk OR Soy Milk if you’re Vegan
- Whisk together the coffee, sugar and boiling water – an electric whisk would be best as it requires a lot of whisking to get the desired texture and colour!
- Continue whisking until the mixture is light brown and fluffy – this might seem unrealistic at first but keep going and the more the air gets into it the more difference you’ll see!
- Pour a glass of either warm or cold milk, whichever you preference is, about 2/3 full – we chose cold milk with some ice cubes to give it an iced coffee vibe!
- Now scoop the whipped coffee over the milk and voila! (Mix the whipped coffee into the milk before drinking, but don’t forget to get a good pic for the gram first)
Although it’s super easy to make, you’ll find it gets better and better the more you attempt it, see below for the first attempt!
You can add some flavour to your Dalgona Coffee to give it that extra little something. Popular options include vanilla essence (just a drop) and cinnamon (sprinkled on top).
More recently there have even been recipes for a ‘boozy’ Dalgona Coffee with an added tablespoon of Baileys or Kahlua! Perfect for a quarantine boozy brunch 😉