We have rounded up 4 super fun, quick and easy vegan recipes.
Whether you’re a non-vegan looking to ease yourself into a world with less animal product consumption, or just a vegan looking for some quick inspiration — we hope you find something that sounds tasty enough to whip up!
- Peanut butter and jam cookies
- Mushroom and Cashew pate
- Blueberry and Peanut butter smoothie
- Avocado wraps
Peanut butter and jam cookies
This scrumptious recipe is by University Student Emily Brown who has been a vegan for 2 years.
You will need
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup oats (I used rolled oats, but you could use any that you have)
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbs non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined, if the dough is not soft enough add a drop more milk.
- Shape the dough into small balls in your hand, flatten and make an indentation in the middle.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp on the edges.
- While the cookies are still warm fill the middle with jam or peanut butter. I did half and half, but you could fill them with whatever you like,
- Melt some peanut butter and drizzled it over the jam filled cookies, then melt some chocolate and drizzle over the peanut butter filled ones.
Mushroom and Cashew pate
This vegan-friendly recipe is what Birmingham-based musician MeMe Detroit loves to make.
You will need:
3/4 cup cashew nuts.
1/3 cup filtered water
3 tbs Nutritional yeast
1 tbs Apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dried onion granules
Himalayan pink salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp dried mint or handful of fresh mint leaves
- Boil cashew nuts in water for 8-10 minutes until swollen and soft.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place cashews, yeast, cider vinegar, garlic, onion granules, salt, pepper and half the filtered water into a blender.
- Blend until smooth adding more water if needed and then put aside.
- Place mushrooms, mint and seasoning into the blender.
- Process until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat mushroom mix in pan until all liquid is evaporated.
- Let the mushroom mix rest to cool for 5 minutes.
- Fold the mushroom mix into cashew ricotta mix and combine thoroughly
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Serve with warmed toast or crackers and enjoy!
Blueberry and Peanut butter smoothie
This recipe comes from vegan Yasmin Hamilton who shares some of her quick and healthy vegan snacks.
You will need:
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
1 shot of vegan protein powder (optional)
2 1/2 cups Hazelnut or Almond Milk
- Blend until it’s at the desired consistency
Another recipe from Yasmin Hamilton whose recipe is perfect for a quick lunch fix.
You will need:
1 half avocado diced
A handful of Spinach
4-6 chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 a carrot grated
Smoked paprika (optional)
- Spread the houmous on the wrap.
- Add the avocado in the middle and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Then add the grated carrot, chopped tomatoes and spinach.
- Fold the flaps horizontal from filling inwards, then roll.