Let’s talk about dating…
Or the lack of it, thanks to the pandemic, dating in 2021 for some may seem like a long lost dream from pre-COVID life. But the question is, when continuing or returning back to the dating scene when restrictions loosen, will you still be swiping right?
We don’t know about you, but a lot of our single friends who are on the search for a long-term relationship (including bloggers from our British Bindi team) have been complaining about online dating fatigue. With so much screen time already, adding an extra layer of comms on keeping up the banter with your latest app beau, who might just ghost you tomorrow, sounds somewhat exhausting.
Enter Matchmaking ❤️
Thanks to Sima Aunty & the Netflix Indian Match-Making troupe, there seems to be an ignited energy for the potential of having a dating concierge come to the rescue!
We hear from Matched by Sukh Kaur, who’s business has lifted off thanks to the demand on getting that extra helping hand to find love.
IF ONLY I COULD FIND THE ONE!
Sister, I hear ya! You’re single, ready to mingle and when you have a moment of loneliness, you dust off your dating apps to find out what the Dating God’s currently have on offer.
So, you swipe left and once in a while right and there’s so much sliding in the DM’s that a water park looks pretty lame and Mr Right is most definitely in sight!
I’ve been there, I’ve done it. However, don’t you find a few days in the ghosting begins, the aubergine emojis are being sent in abundance (if you know you know) and all of a sudden, you remember why you deactivated these darn apps in the first place?
Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not a dating app basher. I’ve had my fair share of dates, endless whatsapp chats and meaningful conversations. I even have friends who found their soulmates online and married them too. I just felt, the busier I got, the less time I had to filter men to find ‘the one’.
IF YOU CAN’T FIND IT, CREATE IT!
A friend and I were chatting about our lack of prospects when it came to dating men. She’s never been on an app in her life and was always introduced to guys, whereas I was vice versa. We asked ourselves, where can we find guys who are looking for genuine, meaningful connections and low and behold, we couldn’t find anywhere that really resonated with us. Then along came Sima Aunty and that’s when I thought, this is exactly what we need.
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF MATCHMAKING
With Sima Aunty making her debut on Netflix, the rise of the matchmaker has become prominent over the last few months. But what does a matchmaker do? What are they all about? Are they just like your Aunty who pops over for a cuppa’ to tell you about a ‘boy’? Nope, they are not and I’m most certainly not an Aunty (yet)!
Matchmaking is most certainly a different world from dating apps. It’s a bespoke way for a designated person to find your life partner through their own network. I personally have a database of people who are looking for wholesome relationships. I also work with an extended network with whom I connect to procure potential matches.
Now I know what you’re thinking, do people still actually matchmake? Trust me, I thought the same too, however, long gone are the Aunties that think a tall, educated man from a ‘well to do’ family is a good match (I mean I’m sure they are, but let’s be honest, these attributes won’t raise your children).
THE PERKS OF A MATCHMAKER
- Hiring a matchmaker is great if you’re looking for a long-term relationship and settling down.
- There’re no filling long forms or having to think about how to be creative on your profile. Your matchmaker discusses all your requirements and produces a professional profile for you. All you have to do is be open and honest.
- Unlike apps, a matchmaker is 100% confidential. No one will even know you are on the dating scene and everything remains discreet and your details aren’t exposed openly to the public. This is great if you like to maintain your privacy.
- You don’t need to worry about reading profile after profile. Your profile in hand, your matchmaker will be armed with the knowledge of your requirements and filter prospects to present you with the best possible introductions.
- You can carry on with your busy schedule while your matchmaker is actively searching for a potential match in the background. You’ll only speak to a match if you feel you’re compatible.
- You’re paying for a service that will give you the most suitable matches based on your values, beliefs and ethics.
And there it is, the world of matchmaking. Not that scary at all is it?
However, I will say, if you are looking for something a little more casual, then a matchmaker would not be for you. It’s not only financial investment but an emotional one too. So, you need to be open and available to date in order to reap its fullest potential.
Let 2021 be the year you find love, don’t even let a pandemic stop you. Afterall, you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.